Cannot use a USB-VGA adapter?

Hi 🇨🇵 🇬🇧 (je ne sais pas trop quelle langue utiliser; je peux traduire en français si besoin),

I just received the Lafité Pro 14'' I ordered with an Intel+nVidia configuration and I'm having some trouble connecting an external monitor.

I tried to connect it with a USBC-VGA adapter and it didn't work. I tried it in both the USB-C port and the Thunderbolt 4 port with the same result: the display is not detected at all. Is this expected?

The screen works fine with an HDMI cable or with an HDMI-VGA adapter. The USB-VGA adapter works fine with a different computer.

I don't absolutely need this adapter to work but I'm a bit worried by this. Am I supposed to be able to plug displays in the USB-C and Thunderbolt ports? Will I be able to connect DP/HDMI/VGA displays if I buy a docking station as I intend to and/or a USB-DP cable? If so, is this supposed to work when either GPU is in use (Intel or nVidia)?

I'm using Linux (Kubuntu) with the nVidia drivers. I know it is not officially supported and I'll understand if I have to try different driver settings or something but I wanna know what the hardware is capable of.